Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Back to Waikiki

Kelly and I booked dolphin swims for the day after we returned from Kauai. Here's some pics from the dolphin swim... oh, and a turtle which I was really excited to see!




***************************************************************************
The next day, Kelly left to go back to Batavia, NY. I was sad to see such a great new friend leave, but I must press ahead for my hike to Diamond Head! I met some German girls and we hiked Diamond Head Mt. together and visited Pearl Harbor. 


PS. We aren't sweaty, it was raining. For real. 

This part with the stairs reminded me of the Statue of Liberty. ^

Part of a sunken ship, USS ARIZONA, at Pearl Harbor:
*********************************************************************
My travel companion the next day was a new girl in my room at the Hostel. Lena is from the German city of Hamburg and had been traveling in Canada and the west coast of the US. We went to Bishop Museum (As I mentioned, yesterday had been cloudy and sprinkling so I had made rainy day plans, but it turned out to be sunny and beautiful--Oh lovely Hawaii!), stopped to see Iolani Palace (the only royal palace on US soil), stopped in Chinatown for lunch, got back to Waikiki to see the sunset and then the Friday night fireworks. It was a really fun day. 

Lava Rock Melting Demonstration at Bishop Museum:

Iolani Palace (and tiny little Lena):

Lena and I, as single adventurers traveling on a budget, can't help but like this law:

Can't Get enough of these Waikiki Sunsets:

No comments:

Post a Comment