Sunday, June 14, 2009

Last Day on Oahu

Im Flying!
Some Pictures from Waimanalo Beach


Today I am enjoying my last day on Oahu. Tomorrow morning I fly to the 3rd island of my trip, the Big Island! First on the agenda is to visit the Volcano Park at night to see lava flowing and GLOWING. Maybe I'll bring some s'mores stuff... :) just kidding... but maybe I will just in case...

For my last day in Oahu, Julia and I were going to surf but the water is rough and it was recommended not to go. So instead, I will FINALLY hike the Punchbowl. Then I will pack my massive beautiful suitcase (thanks Buffalo State Human Resources!) which when I was previously staying in the hostel my roommates nicknamed the pink whale. 

At around 5am I will probably be wheeling the pink whale down Kapahulu St. to catch the shuttle from Waikiki to the airport... Flight... New Island... Julia and I will be in the Hilo Bay Hostel for 2 nights. Then Julia will leave to go back to Germany, and I will continue exploring the Big Island, maybe with Sun Young's old roomie. We'll see :)

Bye for now! Or as they say in Hawai'i, ALOHA.

1 comment:

  1. DEAR HEIDI
    WHAT AN ADVENTURE YOU ARE HAVING IN HAWAII
    IN ABOUT 15 MINUTES I'LL HAVE TO CALL YOU IN HAWAII TO WAKE YOU UP AT 4AM SO THAT YOU CAN CATCH YOUR FLIGHT TO THE BIG ISLAND, I'M PRETTY GOOD AT BEING YOUR ALARM CLOCK I'VE BEEN DOING IT FOR 21 YEARS NOW.
    WE ALL LOVE YOUR BLOG, KEEP WRITING SO WE CAN EXPERIENCE YOUR ADVENTURE WITH YOU.
    WE ALL LOVE YOU SO MUCH AND OUR PRAYERS ARE ALWAYS WITH YOU. EVEN THOUGH YOUR 5000 MILES AWAY WE KNOW THAT THE LORD IS WITH YOU AND WATCHING OVER YOU. HAVE A GREAT TIME ON THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII
    LOVE DAD

    ReplyDelete