Friday, May 29, 2009

HOSTEL, More new friends, and Hanauma Bay

I checked out of the Queen Kapiolani hotel and into the Waikiki Beachside Hostel last tuesday. As soon as I checked in I had to go because I was going up to the Polynesian Cultural Center, which was fabulous. I highly recommend it for anyone coming to visit Oahu, but just remember it's near the North Shore. I didn't think about when I'd be on the North Shore so my bus ride there was 2 hrs... but worth it!

 At the Ali'i Luau:

Pig in earth oven:

Canoe Pageant:

I got back past 11 and was exhausted. When I woke up the next morning I met Kelly, a girl from Batavia, NY! Thats around 40 minutes from Buffalo, but we meet in Hawaii! Another girl was leaving the room for Kaua'i and within an hour of meeting each other, Kelly and I booked flights to Kaua'i for a trip together for the next 2 days. 

That day though, we went to Hanauma Bay, which is BEAUTIFUL and a great place for snorkeling. We went with two other girls from my room at the hostel, Emilie (from France) and Moeko (from Japan).


 

No comments:

Post a Comment